PNR (Passenger Name Record) is a unique 10-digit number that is generated when a passenger books a train ticket in India. It contains important details about the passenger and their travel itinerary. Checking the PNR status is essential to know the status of your train reservation and to plan your journey accordingly. Here’s how to check and understand your PNR status 2023.
How to Check PNR Status in 2023
There are several ways to check your PNR status in 2023.
- Online – You can check your PNR status online by visiting the official website of Indian Railways or through various third-party websites and apps.
- SMS – You can check your PNR status by sending an SMS to a specific number provided by Indian Railways.
- Phone – You can call the Indian Railways customer care number to know your PNR status.
Understanding Your PNR Status
Your PNR status can have different codes that indicate the current status of your train reservation. Here are some of the codes that you may encounter and their meanings.
- CNF (Confirmed) – Your ticket is confirmed, and you have a seat or berth on the train.
- RAC (Reservation Against Cancellation) – Your ticket is not confirmed, but you have a seat or berth, and you can board the train. You may get a confirmed berth later if there are cancellations.
- WL (Waiting List) – Your ticket is not confirmed, and you are on the waiting list. You can board the train if there are cancellations, and you may get a confirmed berth later.
- RLWL (Remote Location Waiting List) – This waiting list is applicable for a specific intermediate station on your route, and your ticket is not confirmed. You can board the train if there are cancellations, and you may get a confirmed berth later.
- GNWL (General Waiting List) – This waiting list is applicable for the entire route of the train, and your ticket is not confirmed. You can board the train if there are cancellations, and you may get a confirmed berth later.
Tips for Checking PNR Status
Here are some tips for checking your PNR status:
- Check the PNR status at least 2-3 days before your journey to plan your travel accordingly.
- Use the official Indian Railways website or trusted third-party websites and apps to check your PNR status.
- If your ticket is on the waiting list, keep checking the PNR status regularly for updates.
- If your ticket remains on the waiting list even after chart preparation, you can either cancel your ticket or board the train and travel on the unreserved coaches.
Checking your PNR status is an essential part of train travel in India. With the various options available to check your PNR status, you can plan your journey accordingly and avoid any last-minute hassle. Understanding the different codes of the PNR status can also help you to know the current status of your train reservation. Remember to check your PNR status in advance and keep an eye on any updates to ensure a smooth and comfortable journey.