Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC) is one of the most reputable government organizations in the state. It is responsible for conducting various examinations and recruitment processes to fill up vacancies in different departments of the government. Recently, HPPSC announced a notification for the recruitment of conductors in the Himachal Pradesh Transport Corporation (HRTC). This article will provide you with all the information you need to know about HPPSC Conductor Recruitment 2023.
Overview of HRTC and HPPSC Conductor Recruitment 2023
The HPPSC is aimed at recruiting candidates for the vacant positions of conductors in the HRTC. The recruitment process will be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (HPPSC), which is responsible for selecting candidates based on their performance in the selection process.
- Age Limit: The candidate’s age should be between 18 to 45 years as of 01-01-2023. Age relaxation is applicable as per government norms.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate should have passed 10+2 or it’s equivalent from a recognized board of education. Additionally, the candidate should also have a valid conductor’s license issued by the Himachal Pradesh Transport Department.
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
Selection Process for HPPSC Conductor Recruitment 2023
The selection process for HPPSC Conductor Recruitment 2023 will be conducted in two stages, namely, a written test and a personal interview.
- Written Test: The written test will consist of multiple-choice questions (MCQs) covering topics such as General Knowledge, General Hindi, and Mathematics. The test will be of 100 marks, and the duration of the exam will be two hours.
- Personal Interview: The candidates who qualify for the written test will be called for a personal interview. The interview will be conducted to assess the candidate’s communication skills, personality, and overall suitability for the position.
Application Process for HPPSC Conductor Recruitment 2023
The application process is completely online. Interested candidates can apply for the recruitment process by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of HPPSC (www.hppsc.hp.gov.in).
- Click on the “Apply Online” link for HPPSC.
- Fill in the required details in the application form, including personal information, educational qualification, and contact details.
- Upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Pay the application fee using the available online payment options.
- Submit the application form and take a printout of the same for future reference.
The Himachal Pradesh Transport Corporation (HRTC) is a state-owned public transport corporation that provides bus services within the state and neighboring regions. The HRTC is one of the largest public transport corporations in the country, with a fleet of more than 3,000 buses. The corporation is divided into three zones, namely, Shimla, Mandi, and Hamirpur, and has more than 27 depots across the state.